- This event has passed.
ISTA Guatemala 2020 Level 2 INITIATION
March 21 @ 2:00 pm - March 27 @ 2:00 pm
WELCOME TO ISTA GUATEMALA VIDEO
Why ISTA Guatemala?
- LUXURY VENUE – Villa Sumaya is a luxury eco-retreat offering you one of the most deluxe, comfortable venues to take ISTA trainings anywhere in the world. Every room has private balconies/terraces with stunning lake and volcano views and spacious ensuite bathrooms. (Private room upgrades are available).
- BUCKET LIST DESTINATION – Lake Atitlan is famous for being one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, home to 11 indigenous Mayan villages. Lake Atitlan is increasingly known for attracting progressive thinkers, nurturing new paradigm communities and exciting events including ecstatic dance, cacao ceremonies, permaculture, kirtan, yoga, meditation classes and much more.
- EXPERIENCE & SUPPORT – 9 years and counting of ISTA in Guatemala! Since 2012 hundreds of ISTA grads have come to this sacred Mayan land, on the shores of Lake Atitlan to transform their lives through the magic of the ISTA retreats. We offer participants additional travel support with private shuttle and boat options so your journey flows with ease from the moment
you land in the airport.
- TRIBE TIME – (more details to be announced) After the Level 2 event, we will be offering a private villa for ISTA grads to decompress and enjoy the San Marcos community (15-minute boat ride from Villa Sumaya). This offers the perfect chance to integrate, receive bodywork sessions and explore the great restaurants, coffee shops, retreat spaces, yoga, meditation and access to nature.
- SPECIAL OFFER: In 2020 we will be offering a back to back ISTA level 1 and level 2 trainings – with a great offer for anyone interested in doing both.
- ADVENTURE – Guatemala is based in the middle of Central America and offers easy access to jungle temples, volcano hikes, hot waterfalls etc. With Mexico, Belize and Honduras on the doorstep and Costa Rica a hop away – some of the world’s best beaches, scuba diving, biodiversity and adventures await you. We share our top tips for the region with all participants.
Level 2: INITIATION
This journey begins its work once the decision is fully made that the Level 1 Experience is the way we actually want to live always and not just a peak experience.
Level 2 guides the participant through a series of self-initiations that say goodbye to old patterns of relating and anchor the identity in the deep self that is already free, inherently loving and dynamically creative in the world.
While deepening the experience of level 1, the Level 2 training shifts focus from the healing and integration of the personal self to the transpersonal realms, providing an alchemical container for transformation through group practise, ritual and meditation.
- The Shamanic initiation – its core is death and rebirth. This overcomes the fear of death in the base chakra and also sets the shaman apart from the tribe in order to serve the tribe in a special way. It is an essential component to the integration of sexual and spiritual worlds because it results in the transcendence of ego and the dedication of ones awakened powers to the collective. The result is Power.
- The Sexual Initiation – In Level 2 we explore the integration of our sexual life force energy in the unification process of our masculine and feminine, animal and angelic aspects. The result is Love.
- The Spiritual Initiation – Meditation training and essential identity inquiry open us into our primordial awareness and provide a taste of sunyata or the void experience. Each individual has an opportunity for deeper levels of their being to be contacted, honoured and integrated. The result is Presence.
More Information & videos about Level 2 HERE
ISTA is committed to modelling new forms of power sharing which is why we have 3 facilitators in circle. Despite each being deeply familiar with this journey and capable of teaching alone, there is a special gift in witnessing the dance we create together and this makes each ISTA training a unique flowering.
- Six nights’ shared lodging at beautiful Villa Sumaya, all with patio & stunning views.
- Three delicious gourmet vegetarian meals per day (option to add chicken or fish)
- Chichimecca Sweat Lodge
- Solar-heated Hot Tub
- Lush gardens, hammocks, and
cozy shaded or full sun sitting areas
- Unlimited tea, coffee and purified water service at 24/7 beverage bar
- All Guatemalan taxes
- Staff tips
Prices exclude transport to and from venue and upgrades to private delux suites.
- Super Early Bird (for first 10 registrants) – investment of $1,849 USD
- Early Bird (for next 10 registrants) – investment of $2,049 USD
- Normal – investment of $2,249 USD
- ISTA Level 1 Repeaters – investment of $1,699 USD
- Latin American Residents – investment of $1,699 USD
Proof of residency or citizenship is required to receive the Latin American pricing.
$450 deposit secures your place with final payment due by February 21st, 2020.
Deposits are non-refundable but in extenuating circumstances are transferable to another ISTA event. Cancellations after February 22nd, 2020 may also incur further fees up to 75% tuition dependent on your situation, and the fees we incur from the venue.
We estimate the number of participants at 30 – 37 + assistant and faculty team for this training.
OUR VENUE – Villa Sumaya, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
Guatemala is a jewel in Central America, unknown to most, and we welcome the chance to support your exploration of this beautiful land and its rich culture while journeying deeply on the spiritual, sexual, shamanic path. ISTA has been holding Level 1 trainings annually in Guatemala since 2012, partnering at the wonderful eco-retreat Villa Sumaya on the shores of stunning Lake Atitlan. Surrounded by three striking volcanoes and over 1,000 feet deep, this magnificent lake’s beauty is encapsulated in the meaning of the Mayan word atitlan: “the place where the rainbow gets its colors.”
A $450 USD deposit secures your place with us with final payment due February 21st 2020.
Please Email us:
For interest in joining the core team as an assistant you must be a graduate of the ISTA level 2 program.
Please fill in the application form (link below) and contact us with your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org